When you submit a certificate application, you must provide contact information so that the certificate authority (CA) staff can contact you to validate and approve your certificate application. After you create a contact, SSL Certificates Service automatically saves the contact information for later use. This topic describes how to create, modify, and delete a contact.
Create a contact
- Log on to the SSL Certificates Service console and open the Information Management page. Then, click Create Contact on the Contact tab. The following procedure is based on this method.
- When you submit a certificate application, select Create Contact from the Contact drop-down list. If you use this method, the system automatically saves the contact information that you enter to the Contact tab of the Information Management page. You do not need to enter the information again the next time you submit a certificate application.
- Log on to the SSL Certificates Service console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Information Management.
- On the Contact tab, click Create Contact.
- In the Create Contact dialog box, configure the Contact Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, ID Card Number, and Receive Renewal Notification parameters. If you set Receive Renewal Notification to Yes, SSL Certificates Service sends a renewal notification to the contact when a certificate is about to expire. If you set this parameter to No, SSL Certificates Service does not send a renewal notification to the contact. For more information about the renewal notification policy for certificates, see Renewal notification policy.Notice After you create a contact, the contact information is used to confirm the validation and approval of your certificate application, discuss technical issues, and send renewal notifications to you. Make sure that the contact information you enter is true and valid. Otherwise, SSL Certificates Service cannot send renewal notifications to you in a timely manner. If your certificates expires, your services are interrupted.
- Click OK. After you create a contact, you can view the contact in the contact list.
Modify a contact
Delete a contact
To delete a contact, find the contact on the Contact tab and click Delete in the Actions column. In the Confirmation message, click Delete .
What to do next
When you submit a certificate application, you can select an existing contact from the Contact drop-down list. For more information, see Apply for a certificate. CA staff contact you to validate and approve your certificate application based on the contact that you select when you submit your certificate application. For example, the CA staff can send a domain verification email to the specified email address in the contact that you select or call the specified mobile number to confirm validation.