Certificate Management Service supports migration of certificate data from different regions to the Outside Chinese Mainland region. After you migrate certificate data, you can manage your certificates in a centralized manner. However, you can no longer manage your certificates in the original regions. If you want to continue to manage your certificates, you must manually migrate the data. This topic describes how to migrate certificate data.
Before you migrate certificate data, take note of the following items.
|Users who need to migrate certificate data||Users whose certificate data was generated before March 1, 2022 in the Certificate
Management Service console.
Notice If your certificate data is not generated before March 1, 2022 in the Certificate Management Service console, or you started to use Certificate Management Service from March 1, 2022, you do not need to migrate certificate data.
|Regions from which data can be migrated||Japan (Tokyo), Australia (Sydney), Germany (Frankfurt), India (Mumbai), and UAE (Dubai).|
|Types of data that can be migrated||
|Limits after data migration||After you migrate certificate data, you cannot switch to other regions and all data of certificates is displayed in the Outside Chinese Mainland region regardless of the original regions of the data. You can perform all operations that are supported during the lifecycle of a certificate in the Outside Chinese Mainland region. For example, you can apply for a certificate, download a certificate, revoke a certificate, or renew a certificate.|
- When you migrate certificate data, only the regions of your certificates are changed to the Outside Chinese Mainland region. The existing data of the certificates is not affected. The servers for the Outside Chinese Mainland region are deployed in Singapore. After data migration is complete, the data of your certificates is stored in the servers in Singapore. The data includes purchased certificates, uploaded certificates, contact information, and company profiles.
- The data of private certificates is not migrated and is stored in the Germany (Frankfurt) region.
- Log on to the SSL Certificates Service console.
- On the SSL Certificates page, click Migrate Data in Data Migration Notice.
- In the Migrate Data message, click OK.
- In the message that appears, click Confirm. Data migration is complete within 1 minute. After 1 minute, you can refresh the SSL Certificates page and view the data after migration.After you migrate certificate data, you cannot switch to other regions. All data of certificates is displayed in the Outside Chinese Mainland region.