Alibaba Cloud CDN supports the resource monitoring feature, which allows you to query monitoring data of domain names accelerated by Alibaba Cloud CDN. The monitoring data includes network traffic, bandwidth, back-to-origin traffic, back-to-origin bandwidth, the number of requests, queries per second (QPS), cache hit ratios, HTTP status codes, and HTTP status codes returned to requests that are redirected to the origin servers. You can make informed business decisions based on the monitoring data.
Compared with real-time monitoring, resource monitoring supports a longer maximum time range per query and a longer time period within which historical data is available. For more information, see the following report.
- Use the Alibaba Cloud CDN console:
Time granularity Maximum time range per query Historical data available Data delay 5 minutes 3 days 90 days 15 minutes 1 hour 31 days 90 days 4 hours 1 day 90 days 90 days 04:00 on the next day
- Call API operations:
Time granularity Maximum time range per query Historical data available Data delay 5 minutes 3 days 93 days 15 minutes 1 hour 31 days 186 days 4 hours 1 day 366 days 366 days 04:00 on the next day
Monitored items and monitoring metrics
- Resource monitoring collects data based on the region and ISP of client IP addresses. Fees are calculated based on the amount of data transfer on Alibaba Cloud CDN points of presence (POPs), the amount of bandwidth resources consumed, and the number of requests in each billable region. The resource monitoring data and the billing data may be slightly different due to different collection methods. The line chart of resource monitoring displays the trend of bandwidth usage. For more information about the metering data of bills, see Query resource usage.
- Data is collected and calculated by calling API operations. For more information, see the API references.
|Metric||Description||Related API operations|
|Data Transfer/Bandwidth of Requests||Monitors the bandwidth and network traffic of accelerated domain names. You can query monitoring data by region, ISP, and protocol. The following protocols are supported: HTTP, HTTPS, QUIC, IPv4, and IPv6.|
|Back-to-origin Data Transfer/Bandwidth||Monitors the back-to-origin bandwidth and back-to-origin traffic for accelerated domain names.|
|Number of Requests||Monitors the number of requests and QPS sent to accelerated domain names.You can query monitoring data by region, ISP, and protocol. The following protocols are supported: HTTP, HTTPS, QUIC, IPv4, and IPv6. |
|Hit Rate||Monitors the byte hit ratios and request hit ratios of accelerated domain names.|
|HTTPCODE||Monitors the HTTP status codes returned from accelerated domain names. The status codes include HTTP 2xx, HTTP 3xx, HTTP 4xx, and HTTP 5xx.||DescribeDomainHttpCodeDataByLayer|
|HTTP Status Codes to Back-to-origin Requests||Monitors the HTTP status codes, including HTTP 2xx, HTTP 3xx, HTTP 4xx, and HTTP 5xx status codes, returned from origin servers.||DescribeDomainSrcHttpCodeData|
The actual traffic amount that you query by using the monitoring and usage analytics feature or the usage statistics feature in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console or Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) console or by calling API operations is different from the traffic amount that is logged. In most cases, the actual traffic amount that you query is 1.1 times the traffic amount that is logged. For more information, see Why is the traffic amount found by using the monitoring and usage analytics feature or the usage statistics feature different from the traffic amount that is logged?
Differences among resource usage query, resource monitoring, and real-time monitoring
- Resource usage query: Usage data is collected by POP. You can query resource usage data based on the billable region where the POP belongs to, such as Chinese mainland, Asia Pacific 1, and North America. For more information, see Resource usage.
- Resource monitoring and real-time monitoring: Monitoring data is collected based on client IP addresses. Each client IP address belongs to a region or an ISP. You can query monitoring data by region, ISP, or both. For more information, see Resource monitoring and Real-time monitoring.
Differences between resource monitoring and real-time monitoring
- Minimum data delay: Real-time monitoring has a lower data delay. The data delay for real-time monitoring is about 5 minutes with the query granularity of 1 minute, while the data delay for resource monitoring is about 15 minutes with the query granularity of 5 minutes.
- Minimum data granularity: Real-time monitoring supports smaller granularity. The minimum data query granularity for real-time monitoring is 1 minute, while the minimum query data granularity for resource monitoring is 5 minutes.
- Query by protocol: Resource monitoring supports more protocols. Resource monitoring supports data query by HTTP, HTTPS, QUIC, IPv4, and IPv6, while real-time monitoring does not.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Resource Monitoring page, select the monitoring item that you want to query, specify filter conditions, and click Search. The system displays monitoring data based on the specified items and filter conditions. Then, you can analyze or export the monitoring data.