If you need to configure an SSL certificate for an accelerated domain name, you must create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to apply for an SSL certificate from a certificate authority (CA). This topic describes how to create a CSR.
- Upload Custom Certificate (Certificate)You can create a private key and a CSR in the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) console, and use the CSR to apply for an SSL certificate from a CA. After the application is approved, upload the certificate to Alibaba Cloud CDN. If you use this method, your private key file is exposed to only Alibaba Cloud CDN. This method is more secure than the other method.Note After you create a CSR, you can download it in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console. However, you cannot download the private key in the console. If you need to download both the CSR and private key, create them by using tools other than the Alibaba Cloud CDN console. For more information,see How do I create a CSR file?
- Upload Custom Certificate (Certificate+Private Key)
You must obtain an SSL certificate and a private key file from a CA and then upload the certificate and the private key file to Alibaba Cloud CDN.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Certificate Center page, click CSR Generator.
- In the CSR Generator dialog box, set the required parameters.
Parameter Description Example Country Enter the code of the country where your organization is located. For more information, see CSR country codes. CN Province/State/Region Enter the name of the province, state, or region where your organization is located. Chinese Pinyin is supported. Zhejiang City Enter the name of the city where your organization is located. Chinese Pinyin is supported. Hangzhou Organization Enter the name of your organization. Chinese Pinyin is supported. Alibaba Inc. Organization Unit Enter the name of your department. Chinese Pinyin is supported. IT Department Enter your email address. firstname.lastname@example.org Common Name Enter the Common Name (CN) used to apply for the SSL certificate. aliyun.com SANs This parameter is required if you want to apply for the same SSL certificate for more than one domain name. Separate multiple domain names with commas (,). example.com,aliyundoc.com
- Click Generate CSR.
- Click Download.You can save the CSR as a local file. You can then use the CSR to apply for an SSL certificate from a CA.
What to do next
After you obtain the SSL certificate, you must upload it to Alibaba Cloud CDN and associate the certificate with domain names that need to use this certificate. For more information, see Configure an SSL certificate for multiple domain names.