If you need to access Message Queue for Apache Kafka only from a virtual private cloud (VPC), you can purchase and deploy a Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance of the VPC type. You cannot change the network type after you select it.
Step 1: Purchase a Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console.
- In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance resides.
- On the Instances page, click Buy Instance.
- On the buy page, select VPC for Network, set other parameters as needed, and then click Buy Now.
- Confirm and pay for the order.
Step 2: Obtain the VPC information
- Log on to the VPC console.
- Select the region where your VPC is deployed.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click vSwitch.
- On the vSwitch page, click the instance whose vSwitch ID and VPC ID you want to view. On the page that appears, view the vSwitch ID and VPC ID.
Step 3: Deploy the instance
- In the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console, click Instances in the left-side navigation pane. On the page that appears, find the instance that is in the Not Deployed state and that you want to deploy. Then, click Deploy.
- In the Deploy Instance panel, deploy the instance.
The instance enters the Deploying state. The instance deployment takes about 10 to 30 minutes.
- From the VPC ID drop-down list, select your VPC ID.
- From the vSwitch ID drop-down list, select your vSwitch ID.
After you select the vSwitch ID, the system automatically selects the zone where the vSwitch is located.
- Optional:If the instance edition is the Professional Edition, you can select whether to deploy the instance across zones.
Cross-zone instances can provide high disaster recovery capabilities and withstand breakdowns in data centers.
- Click Deploy.
Step 4: View the endpoint
- In the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console, click Instances in the left-side navigation pane. On the Instances page, click the name of the instance whose endpoint you want to view.
- On the Instance Details page, click the Endpoint tab. On the tab that appears, view the Default Endpoint of the instance.