If you need to connect Message Queue for Apache Kafka only to a virtual private cloud (VPC), you can purchase and deploy a Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance of the VPC type. You cannot change the network type after you select it.
Step 1: Purchase a Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to purchase an instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- On the Overview page, click Purchase Instance.
- On the page that appears, set Network to VPC. Select appropriate configurations as required. Then, click Buy Now.
- Confirm and pay for the order.
Step 2: Obtain the VPC information
- Log on to the VPC console.
- Select the region where the VPC is deployed.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click VSwitches.
- On the VSwitches page, click the specified instance. View the vSwitch ID and VPC ID on the VSwitch Details page.
Step 3: Deploy the instance
- In the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console, click Overview in the left-side navigation pane. Find the instance in the Undeployed state and then click Deploy.
- In the Deploy dialog box, deploy the instance.
The instance enters the Deploying state. The instance deployment takes about 10 to 30 minutes.
- Select the specified VPC ID from the VPC ID drop-down list.
- Select the specified vSwitch ID. from the VSwitch ID drop-down list.After you select the vSwitch ID, the system automatically selects a zone where the vSwitch is located.
- Optional:If the instance is the Professional Edition, you can select whether to deploy the
instance across zones.Deployment across zones ensures high disaster recovery capabilities and can withstand breakdowns in data centers.
- Click Deploy.