This topic describes how to create a Subscription cloud disk that contains no data by using the ECS console. Adding a Subscription cloud disk can increase the storage space of an instance.
Before you create a Subscription Cloud disk, note the following:
- You cannot merge multiple cloud disks by formatting them because they are independent of each other. Therefore, we recommend that you estimate the number and size of cloud disks required before you create them.
- We recommend that you do not use Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to create logical volumes for multiple cloud disks. This is because a snapshot can only back up data of a single cloud disk. If you use LVM, data discrepancies will occur when you roll back these cloud disks.
- You cannot detach a Subscription cloud disk on demand. The Subscription cloud disk is released along with the instance. If you need to release a Subscription cloud disk, convert it to a Pay-As-You-Go cloud disk, and then detach and release it.
The cloud disk created in this topic is billed as Subscription. For more information, see Subscription.
If you need to convert a Subscription cloud disk to a Pay-As-You-Go cloud disk, see Convert the billing methods of cloud disks.
To create a Subscription cloud disk, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Instances page, find the target Subscription instance. In the Actions column, choose .
- In the Disk area of the displayed page, complete the following configurations:
- Cloud disk type: Select a cloud disk type in the drop-down list. For information about how to select between ESSD cloud disks of various specifications, see ESSD cloud disk.
- Cloud disk capacity: Enter a cloud disk capacity in the text box. The disk capacity ranges from 20 GiB to 32,768 GiB.
- Cloud disk encryption: If ECS disk encryption is needed, select the Disk Encryption check box.
- Quantity: Enter the number of cloud disks you want to purchase.
Note You can create up to 16 data disks for a single instance, including cloud disks and Shared Block Storage devices.
- Disk Name: optional. The name for the cloud disk.
- Description: optional. The description of the cloud disk.
- If you need to create a cloud disk from a snapshot, click Create from snapshot.
- Select the ECS Service Level Agreement check box.
- Click Preview Order.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Create.
- Select a payment method and click Confirm to Pay to complete the creation.
- Click Console to return to the Instances page and click the instance for which the Subscription cloud disk has just been added.
- Click Disks to view the newly added Subscription cloud disk.
The Subscription cloud disk is mounted to the instance and is in the Running state.