Cloud Monitor provides multiple metrics, such as the CPU utilization, memory usage, and network conditions, to help you monitor the status of Container Service for Kubernetes clusters. After you create a Container Service for Kubernetes cluster, Cloud Monitor automatically monitors the cluster. You can log on to the Cloud Monitor console to view the detailed monitoring data. You can configure alert rules for the metrics. If a metric value exceeds the specified threshold, Cloud Monitor sends an alert notification.
- A Container Service for Kubernetes cluster is created. For more information, see Create a cluster of ACK Managed Edition.
- An application group is created for the Container Service for Kubernetes cluster. For more information, see Create an application group.
- An alert contact or alert group is created. For more information, see Create an alert contact or alert group.
- Monitoring data is retained for up to 31 days.
- You can view the monitoring data for up to 14 consecutive days.
- Create an alert template for Container Service for Kubernetes.
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Alert Templates page, click Create Alert Template in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create/modify alert templates panel, enter the template name, select Kubernetes as the service, and configure alert rules.
- Click OK.
- Apply the alert template to the application group that is created for your Container
Service for Kubernetes cluster.
- In the Create/modify alert template complete message, click OK.
- In the Apply Template to Group dialog box, select the application group and set the Muted, Effective Period, HTTP CallBack, and Option parameters.
- Click OK.
- In the Apply Template to Group message, click OK.
What to do next
- If you need to send alert notifications for different Container Service for Kubernetes
clusters to different alert groups, you must modify the alert group associated with
each application group.
For more information, see Modify an application group.
- You can call an API operation to modify alert groups for multiple application groups
at a time.
Log on to OpenAPI Explorer and call the PutContactGroup operation to modify the alert groups.
For more information about how to set the parameters of the PutContactGroup operation, see PutContactGroup.