A large number of access logs are generated when you access OSS. By integrating OSS and Log Service (SLS), the real-time log query function allows you to query OSS access logs in the OSS console so that you can monitor OSS operations, measure OSS access statistics, trace exceptions, and locate problems with ease, improving efficiency and helping you make data-based decisions.
For more information, see Real-time log query in the OSS developer guide.
Enable real-time log query
- Method 1: Enable real-time log query when creating a bucket.
- Method 2: Enable real-time log query in the Log Overview page.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side bucket list, click the bucket that you want to enable real-time log query.
- Click Log Overview, and then click Activate Now in the displayed page.
Note If Log Service is not activated, you are asked to authorize Log Service so that it can access OSS. After Log Service is authorized, a Log Service activation dialog box is displayed. Click Activate Now. After activating Log Service, follow step 3 to enable real-time log query.
For more information about the fees, see Billing method.
Query real-time logs
- Query real-time logs in the Original Log page.
When querying real-time logs, you can specify the time range and query statements. For example, you can quickly analyze the distribution of a specified field (such as an API operation) in a specified time range.
- Query real-time logs in the Dashboard page.
In the Dashboard page, the following four system-generated reports are provided:
- Access Center: displays general operation information, including PV, UV, traffics, and Internet
access distribution in maps.
- Audit Center: displays the statistics about object operations, including object reading, writing,
- Operation Center: displays the statistics about access logs, including the request number and the
distribution of failed operations.
- Performance Center: displays the statistics about performance, including the distribution of Internet
download and upload performance, transmission performance of different networks and
object sizes, and the list of download performance for different objects.
- Access Center: displays general operation information, including PV, UV, traffics, and Internet access distribution in maps.
- Query real-time logs in the Log Service console.
You can view OSS access logs in the Log Service console.
To store OSS access logs, see Set logging.