This topic describes how to disable the cluster management function for an RDS SQL Server instance.
The cluster management function is enabled. For more information, see Enable cluster management for an RDS SQL Server instance.
- When the cluster management function is being disabled, the RDS instance is disconnected for 30 seconds or less. We recommend that you disable this function during off-peak hours and make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to the RDS instance.
- After the cluster management function is disabled, the read-only splitting address becomes invalid. Make sure that your application no longer uses the read-only splitting address to connect to the RDS instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cluster management.
- In the upper-right corner, click Disable Readonly Splitting Address.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Confirm.