This topic describes how to modify the read weights when read/write splitting is enabled.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the target region.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cluster management.
- In the left-right corner, click Configure Readonly Splitting Address.
Parameter Description Read Weight Distribution A higher read weight indicates a larger number of read requests to be processed. For example, if the master instance has three read-only instances whose read weights are 100, 200, and 200, respectively, then the three read-only instances process read requests according to a 1:2:2 radio.
Note When a read-only instance is deleted, its read weight is removed automatically. The read weights of the other read-only instances remain unchanged.
- Automatic Distribution: The system automatically allocates a read weight to each existing or new read-only instance according to the instance specifications. For more information, see Rules of weight distribution by the system.
- Customized Distribution: You must manually set the read weight of each existing read-only instance. The read weight ranges from 0 to 10000. When a new read-only instance is added, its read weight is 0 by default and you must manually modify its read weight as needed.