This topic describes how to create an IPv6 gateway for a VPC. After you create an IPv6 gateway, you can purchase IPv6 Internet bandwidth and set egress-only rules for the IPv6 gateway.
- Log on to the IPv6 gateway console.
- On the IPv6 Gateway page, click Create IPv6 Gateway.
- Specify the following information and click Buy Now to make the payment.
Parameter Description Region and Zone Select a region to deploy the IPv6 gateway.The IPv6 gateway must belong to the same region as the VPC for which you want to create the IPv6 gateway.Note Regions that support IPv6 CIDR blocks: China (Beijing), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Hohhot), China (Ulanqab), China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Heyuan), China (Guangzhou), China (Chengdu), China (Hong Kong), Singapore (Singapore), US (Virginia), and Germany (Frankfurt).. VPC ID Select the VPC for which you want to create an IPv6 gateway. The target VPC may not be available due to the following reasons:
Note After an IPv6 gateway is created, you cannot change the VPC that is associated with the IPv6 gateway.
- Only one IPv6 gateway can be created for each VPC. The VPC already has an IPv6 gateway.
- The VPC has a custom route with the destination CIDR block set to ::/0. If this happens, you must delete this custom route before you can create an IPv6 gateway for the VPC.
Edition Select the edition of the IPv6 gateway. IPv6 gateways are available in the following editions:
- Free Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Enhanced Enterprise Edition
Different quotas and limits apply to IPv6 gateways of different editions, such as the maximum forwarding bandwidth, maximum IPv6 bandwidth per IPv6 address, and maximum number of egress-only rules. For more information, see Editions of IPv6 gateways.
Billing Cycle IPv6 gateway instances are billed on a daily basis. For more information, see Billing.