This topic describes how to allocate an IPv6 CIDR block to a VSwitch.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click VSwitches.
- Select the region where your VSwitch resides.
Note The following regions support IPv6 gateways: China (Beijing), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Hohhot), China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Chengdu), China (Hong Kong), Singapore (Singapore), and US (Virginia).
- On the VSwitches page, find the target VSwitch, and click Enable IPv6 CIDR Block in the IPv6 CIDR Block column.
- Optional:In the Enable IPv6 CIDR Block dialog box, click OK.
Note This operation is required only when IPv6 is not enabled for the VPC to which the VSwitch belongs.
- Specify an IPv6 CIDR block and click OK.
The default subnet mask for the IPv6 CIDR block of a VSwitch is /64. You can enter a decimal number ranging from 0 to 255 to define the last 8 bits of the IPv6 CIDR block.
For example, if the IPv6 CIDR block of the VPC that contains the VSwitch is 2xx1:db8::/64, you can enter 255 (FF in hexadecimal notation) in this field to define the IPv6 CIDR block of the VSwitch as 2xx1:db8::ff/64.