This topic describes how to install a downloaded Alibaba Cloud SSL certificate in an (Internet Information Services) IIS server.
PrerequisitesYou selected Automatic for CSR Generation when applying for the certificate.
If you selected Manual for CSR Generation when applying for the certificate, no certificate file is generated. You have to download the .crt certificate whose Server Type is Other, and then run the OpenSSL command to convert the certificate to .pfx format.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud SSL Certificates console.
- On the SSL Certificates page, locate the target SSL certificate and click Download in the lower-right corner.
- In the Download Certificate dialog box, locate the row that contains the certificate whose Server Type is IIS, and click Download in the Actions column to download the package to your local host.
- Decompress the package. You will obtain a certificate file (suffixed with .pfx or
of .pfx file format) and a key file (suffixed with .txt or of .txt file format).
Note Each time the certificate is downloaded, a new password is generated, which is valid only for the current certificate. To update the certificate file, you also need to update the matching key file.
- In the Console of your operating system, import your IIS server certificate file.
- In the Add or Remove Snap-ins dialog box, choose .
- In the left-side navigation pane of the console, click Certificates under Console Root to expand the certificate list.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard dialog box, click Browse. In the Open dialog box, select the downloaded .pfx certificate file and click Open
to import it.
Note In the Open dialog box, select All Files (*.*) from the file type drop-down list on the right of File Name.
- Enter the password in the key file.
You can open the pfx-password .txt file in the downloaded IIS server certificate files to retrieve the password.
- Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate and click Next to complete the import.
- Assign a certificate for the server.
- Go to the IIS8.0 manager, locate the website where the certificate is to be deployed, and click .
- In the Site Bindings dialog box, choose .
Note The default port for SSL is port 443, and we recommend this not be changed. If other ports are used, such as 8443, enter
https://www.domain.com:8443to visit the website.