This topic describes how to upgrade an alert of a project in the Log Service console. The latest version of alerts (new alerts) are compatible with alerts of an earlier version (old alerts). Before you can modify an old alert, you must upgrade the alert.
Alibaba Cloud has upgraded the alert feature of Log service. Log Service retains the configurations of your old alerts. However, we recommend that you upgrade your alerts at your earliest convenience.
- Old alerts: alerts created before the alert feature is upgraded. An old alert is not attached to any dashboard. On the Alert Overview page, if the Dashboard field of an alert is empty, the alert is an old alert.
- New alerts: alerts created after the alert feature is upgraded. On the Alert Overview page, if the Dashboard field of an alert shows a dashboard name, the alert is a new alert and is attached to the dashboard. You can click the dashboard name to open the corresponding dashboard page.
- Log on to the Log Service console, and then click the target project name.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click the Alerts icon.
- In the alert list, click the old alert that you want to upgrade.
If the Dashboard field of an alert is empty, the alert is an old alert.
- Click Modify.
Log Service retains the original settings of the Alert Name, Query, and Trigger Condition parameters. You only need to set the Chart Name parameter and the dashboard to which the alert is attached. Then, the query statement is saved on the dashboard as a chart.
For more information about the alert parameters, see Configure an alert.
- Set the notification method.
The original notification method and notification content are retained. You can also add one or more notification methods.
- Click Submit.
After you upgrade an alert, you can view the chart created automatically on the associated dashboard. You can also view the status of the new alert on the Alert History Statistics page.