ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX supports two types of endpoints: internal endpoints and public endpoints. By default, you are provided with an internal endpoint that is used to connect to the RDS instance over an internal network. If you want to connect to the RDS instance over the Internet, you must apply for a public endpoint.
Internal and public endpoints
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Apply for or release an endpoint:
- If you have not applied for a public endpoint, you can click Apply for Public Endpoint.
- If you have applied for a public endpoint, you can click Release Public Endpoint.
- In the message that appears, click Confirm.
|Apply for public endpoint||Applies for a public endpoint for an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|
|Release a public endpoint||Releases the public endpoint of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|