ApsaraDB for RDS supports two types of endpoints: internal and public endpoints. By default, the system provides you with an internal endpoint for connecting to your ApsaraDB for RDS instance. If you want to connect to your RDS instance over the Internet, you must apply for a public endpoint.
Internal and public endpoints
Apply for or release a public endpoint
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Database Connection.
- If you have not applied for a public endpoint, click Apply for Public Endpoint.
- If you have applied for a public endpoint, click Release Public Endpoint.
- In the message that appears, click Confirm.
|AllocateInstancePublicConnection||Applies for a public endpoint for an instance.|
|ReleaseInstancePublicConnection||Releases the public endpoint of an instance.|