This topic describes how to download the log backup files of an RDS MariaDB instance. The downloaded log backup files are not encrypted.
A RAM user who has only the read-only permissions cannot download backup files. You can add the required permissions to a RAM user in the RAM console. For more information, see Grant backup file download permissions to a RAM user with only read-only permissions.
|DB engine||Data backup download||Log backup download|
You can only use the restoration function to restore data to a new RDS instance or to the original RDS instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Restoration.
- On the Log Backup tab, select a time range and click Search. In the log backup file list, find the target log backup file and in the Actions column click Download.
Note If the log backup file is used to restore the RDS instance to an on-premises database, note the following:
- The instance ID of the log backup file must the same as that of the corresponding data backup file.
- The start time and end time of the log backup file must be later than the selected backup time point and earlier than the time point from which you want to restore data.
- In the Download Instance Backup Set or Download Binary Log dialog box, select a download method.
Download method Description Download To download the backup file through the public connection address. Copy Internal Download URL To copy the internal download URL only. When your ECS instance is located in the same region as the RDS instance, you can log on to your ECS instance and then use the internal download URL to download the backup file. This is faster and more secure. Copy External Download URL To copy the external download URL only. This method is suitable when you download the backup file by using other tools.Note In a Linux operating system, you can run the following command to download a data backup file:
wget -c '<Download URL of the log backup file>' -O <User-defined file name>.tar.gz
- The -c parameter is used to enable resumable download.
- The -O parameter is used to save the downloaded result as a file with the specified name (the file extension is .tar.gz or .xb.gz as included in the URL).
- If you enter more than one download URL, then you must include each download URL in a pair of single quotation marks (''). Otherwise, the download fails.