This topic describes how to use the RDS console or run an SQL statement to delete a database for an RDS MariaDB instance. Each method applies to different types of instances. You can choose a suitable method based on the RDS instance whose database you want to delete.
Use the RDS console to delete a database
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases.
- Find the database you want to delete, and in the Actions column click Delete.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Confirm.
Run an SQL statement to delete a database
- Use a database client to connect to your RDS instance. For more information, see Connect to an RDS MariaDB instance.
- Run the following command to delete a database:
drop database <database name>;
|DeleteDatabase||Used to delete a database for an RDS instance.|