This topic describes how to delete a database from an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instance. You can delete a database by using the ApsaraDB for RDS console or an SQL statement.
Delete a database by using the ApsaraDB for RDS console
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target instance and click the instance ID.
- Find the database and in the Actions column click Delete.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Delete a database by using an SQL statement
- You cannot connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instance by using Alibaba Cloud Data Management (DMS). However, you can connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instance by using a client. For more information, see Connect to an RDS for MariaDB instance.
- Execute the following statement to delete the database:
drop database <database name>;
|DeleteDatabase||Deletes a database from an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|