This topic describes how to change the configuration of an RDS for MariaDB instance, including changing the edition, specifications, storage capacity, storage class, and zone.
You can upgrade or downgrade the configuration of an RDS for MariaDB instance at any time regardless of whether the instance uses the subscription or pay-as-you-go billing method. The new configuration takes effect immediately after you complete the configuration upgrade or downgrade.
|CPU and Memory||
All MariaDB DB engine versions and editions support the CPU and memory change.
All MariaDB DB engine versions and editions allow you to increase storage capacity.
You can only decrease the storage capacity of a subscription-based instance with local SSDs during instance renewal.
For more information, see Billing details about configuration change.
Your Alibaba Cloud account does not have an unpaid renewal order.
When the new configuration is taking effect, the RDS instance may be disconnected for about 30 seconds and most operations related to databases, accounts, and networks cannot be performed. Therefore, we recommend that you change the configuration during off-peak hours or make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to the RDS instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- On the Basic information page, find the Configuration Information section and click Change Specifications.
- Optional. If the RDS instance uses the subscription billing method, click Next in the displayed dialog box.
- On the Change Specifications page, change the instance configuration. For more information, see Configuration items.
- Specify the time at which you want to change the configuration.
Note To change the maintenance window, follow these steps:
- Switch Immediately After Data Migration: Change the configuration immediately after the data migration.
- Switch Within Maintenance Window: Change the configuration during the maintenance window.
- Click Modify.
- In the Configuration Information section, select a maintenance window and click Save.
- Go back to the Change Specifications page, refresh the page, and change the configuration again.
Do I need to migrate data if I only want to expand the storage capacity of an RDS instance?
Check whether the server where the RDS instance is located provides sufficient storage capacity for expansion. If yes, you do not need to migrate data and can directly expand the storage capacity. If no, you must migrate data to a server that provides sufficient storage capacity before you expand the storage capacity.