This topic describes how to change the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
The change of the billing method does not affect the running of your RDS instance.
If you upgrade specifications of an RDS instance before you pay for the subscription order, the order becomes invalid. You must cancel this order on the Billing Management page and change the billing method of the RDS instance to subscription again.
- The type of the RDS instance is not phased out. For more information, see Phased-out instance types. If you need to change the billing method of an RDS instance of a phased-out type to subscription, first change the instance type. For more information, see Change the configuration of an RDS MariaDB instance.
- The billing method of the RDS instance is pay-as-you-go.
- The RDS instance is in the Running state.
- The RDS instance does not have unpaid subscription orders.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the instance and go to the Switch to Subscription Billing page by using either of the following methods:
- Click Switch to Subscription Billing in the Actions column of the RDS instance.
- Click the instance ID. In the Status section, click Switch to Subscription Billing.
- Select the duration of the subscription.
- Click Pay Now.
Note A subscription order is generated. If you do not pay for the order or the order becomes invalid, you cannot purchase a new RDS instance or change the billing method of an instance unless you cancel the order. You can pay for or cancel the order on the Billing Management page.
- Pay for the order.
|TransformDBInstancePayType||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|