This topic describes how to set an alert rule for an RDS instance. ApsaraDB for RDS offers the instance monitoring function, and sends messages to you after detecting an exception in an instance. In addition, when the instance is locked due to insufficient disk space, the system sends a message to you.
Alibaba CloudMonitor offers monitoring and alarming. CloudMonitor helps you set alarm rules for metrics. You must add alarm contacts while set a contact group. The alarm contacts and the contact group are notified immediately when an alarm is triggered in the event of exceptions. You can create an alarm contact group using a related metric.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Monitoring and Alerts.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Click Set Alert Rule.
You are directed to the CloudMonitor console.Note You can click Refresh to manually refresh the current status of the alert metrics.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Alarm Contact Management page.
Note When alert rules are set for the first time, if the alert notification object is not a contact of the Alibaba Cloud account of RDS, the alarm contact and alarm contact group must be created first. If you have already set the alarm contact and the alarm contact group, go to Step 10.
to open the
- Click Create Alarm Contact.
- In the Set Alarm Contact dialog box, enter the alarm contact information and click Send verification code. Then, enter the verification code sent to your mailbox, and click Save.
- We recommend that you perform the next step to create the alarm contact group after you add all alarm notification objects.
- You can click Edit to modify a contact, or click Delete to delete a contact.
- On the Alarm Contact Management page, click the Alarm Contact Group tab.
- Click Create Alarm Contact Group.
- Set Group Name and Description, select a contact from Existing Contacts, click to add the contact to Selected Contacts, and click OK.
Note On the Alarm Contact Group page, you can click to modify a contact group, click X to delete a contact group, or click Delete to delete a contact in the contact group.
- After creating the alarm contact group, choose from the left-side navigation pane.
- Select the region of RDS for which the alert rule is to be set.
- Find the target instance and click Alarm Rules in the Actions column.
The system displays the metrics of the current alert.
- Click Create Alarm Rule to add a new alert rule.
Note You can click Modify, Disable, or Delete for the metrics as needed.