This topic describes how to switch over services between the RDS for PPAS master and slave instances.
A High-availability Edition instance has a slave instance, and the data is synchronized between both instances in real time. You can only access the master instance. The slave instance is a backup instance and cannot be accessed. You can switch your services from the master instance to the slave instance. After the switchover, the original master instance becomes the slave instance.
If the master instance cannot be accessed, your business is automatically switched to the slave instance.
During the switchover, your RDS instance may be disconnected. Make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to your RDS instance after the switchover.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the instance is located.
- Find the instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Availability.
- In the Availability Information section, click Switch Primary/Secondary Instance.
- Select an appropriate time to perform the switch, and click OK.
During the switch, operations such as managing the databases and accounts and switchover the network types cannot be performed. Therefore, we recommend that you select Switch Within Maintenance Window.Note If you want to change the maintenance window, follow these steps:
- Click Change.
- In the Configuration Information section, select a maintenance window and click Save.
- Return to the Service Availability page, refresh the page, and perform the steps to switch the service.
- Click Change.
|SwitchDBInstanceHA||Switches between the master and slave instances.|