This topic describes how to migrate an RDS for PPAS instance across zones in the same region. The attributes, configuration, and connection addresses of the instance remain unchanged after the migration. The time required for the migration varies depending on the data volume of the instance. In typical cases, the migration takes a few hours.
|Migrate an RDS instance from one zone to another||The zone where the RDS instance is located is overloaded or cannot meet the performance requirements of the instance.|
|Migrate an RDS instance from one zone to multiple zones||The master and slave nodes are located in different equipment rooms in different zones
to enhance disaster tolerance.
A multi-zone instance is superior to a single-zone instance because it can survive more disasters. For example, a single-zone instance can survive server and rack faults while a multi-zone instance can survive equipment room faults.
|Migrate an RDS instance from multiple zones to one zone||This scenario is provided to meet the requirements of specific functions.|
This function is free of charge. No fee is charged even when you migrate an RDS instance from one zone to multiple zones.
This function is available only when the region to which your RDS instance belongs has more than one zone.
During the migration, the connection to your RDS instance remains unavailable for 30 seconds, and most operations related to databases, accounts, and networks cannot be performed. Make sure that your application can be automatically reconnected to your RDS instance after the migration. Additionally, perform the migration during off-peak hours.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the Basic Information section of the Basic Information page, click Migrate Across Zones.
- In the displayed dialog box, specify the destination zone, VSwitch, and migration
time, and click OK.
Note If you want to change the maintenance window, follow these steps:
- Click Change.
- In the Configuration Information section, specify the maintenance window and click Save.
- Refresh the page, and perform the migration again.
- Click Change.
|MigrateToOtherZone||Used to migrate an RDS instance across zones.|