This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for PPAS instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
Switching the billing method of an instance does not affect its performance.
If you upgrade the specifications of an RDS instance before you pay for the subscription order, the order becomes invalid. You must cancel this order on the Billing Management page and switch the billing method of the RDS instance to subscription again.
- The type of the RDS instance is not phased out. For more information, see Phased-out instance types. If you need to switch an RDS instance of a phased-out type to subscription, first change the instance type. For more information, see Change the configuration of an RDS PPAS instance.
- The billing method of the RDS instance is pay-as-you-go.
- The RDS instance is in the Running state.
- The RDS instance does not have unpaid subscription orders.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and use one of the following methods to go to the Switch to Subscription Billing page:
- In the Actions column, click Switch to Subscription Billing.
- Click the instance ID. In the Status section of the Basic Information page that appears, click Switch to Subscription Billing.
- Specify the subscription duration.
- Click Pay Now.
Note You must complete the subscription order generated for the instance. You cannot purchase a new instance or switch the billing method of another instance until you complete or cancel this order. You can pay for or cancel the order on the Billing Management page.
- Complete the order as prompted.
|Modify billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|