This topic describes how to change the billing method of an RDS for PPAS instance from pay-as-you-go to (monthly or annual) subscription.
Changing the billing method does not interrupt the running of your RDS instance.
- You cannot change the billing method of an RDS instance from subscription to pay-as-you-go. To optimize your cost plan, you must evaluate your usage model thoroughly before you change the billing method of your RDS instance.
- If an RDS instance has an unpaid subscription order, the subscription order becomes invalid after you upgrade the instance type. In such case, you must first go to the Orders page in the RDS console to cancel the subscription order, and then change the billing method to subscription again.
- The instance type cannot be a historical one, which means that the instance type must be available for sale. For more information about historical instance types, see Instance types. Before you change the billing method of a historical-type RDS instance to subscription, you must change the instance type to one that is available for sale. For detailed steps, see Change the configuration of an RDS for PPAS instance.
- The RDS instance uses the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- The RDS instance is in the Running state.
- The RDS instance does not have an unpaid subscription order.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and use one of the following two methods to open the
Switch to Subscription Billing page.
- In the Actions column, click Subscription Billing.
- Click the instance ID. Then in the Status section of the Basic Information page, click Subscription Billing.
- Select a duration of purchase.
Note The system generates a subscription order. If this order is not paid or canceled, you cannot change the billing method of this RDS instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription or purchase a new RDS instance. You can go to the Orders page to pay for or cancel this order.
- Complete the payment.