This topic describes how to manage the error logs, slow query logs, and primary/secondary instance switching logs of an ApsaraDB RDS PPAS instance through the ApsaraDB for RDS console. The logs help you locate faults. All ApsaraDB RDS PPAS instances support the log management function no matter which PPAS versions or RDS editions you choose.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Logs.
- On the Logs page that appears, click the Error Log, Slow Query Log, or Primary/Secondary Instance Switching Log tab, select a time range, and click Search.
Tab Description Error Log Records database running errors that occurred within the last month. Slow Query Log Records SQL statements that each took more than 1 second to run within the last month. Duplicate SQL statements are deleted. Primary/Secondary Instance Switching Log Records switchovers between the primary and secondary instances triggered within the last month.Note If your ApsaraDB RDS PPAS instance resides in the China (Zhangjiakou-Beijing Winter Olympics) region, the system retains only error logs and slow query logs generated within the last nine days.