This topic describes how to manage logs through the RDS console or by using SQL statements. You can query error logs and slow query logs. The log query results help you to locate faults. All RDS for PPAS instances support log management.
- For information about log backup policies and rules, see Back up the data of an RDS for PPAS instance.
- For information about how to download log backup files, see Download the backup files of an RDS for PPAS instance.
- For information about how to restore data through log backup files, see Restore the data of an RDS for PPAS instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Log Management.
- On the Log Management page, select Error Log, Slow Query Log, Slow Query Log Summary, or Primary/Secondary Instance Switch Log, select a time range, and click Search.
Query item Description Error Log Records the SQL statements that are failed to be executed within the last one month. Slow Query Log Records the SQL statements that lasted for more than 1 second within the last one month. Similar SQL statements are displayed once only. Primary/Secondary Instance Switch Log Records logs related to the switchovers between the master and slave instances within the last one month.Note For each RDS instance in the China (Zhangjiakou) region, the system retains only the error logs, slow query logs, and slow query log summary generated within the last nine days.