This topic describes how to set the maintenance window of an RDS PostgreSQL instance so that RDS PostgreSQL can perform regular maintenance operations as needed according to a defined schedule. The default maintenance window is from 02:00 to 06:00. You can set the maintenance window to the off-peak period of your business to avoid impacts on business.
- Before maintenance is performed, ApsaraDB for RDS sends SMS messages and emails to the contacts listed in your Alibaba Cloud accounts.
- To guarantee service stability during the maintenance process, the instance enters the Instance Maintaining state before the maintenance time on the day of maintenance. When the instance is in this state, access to data in the database and query operations such as performance monitoring are not affected. However, apart from account and database management and IP address whitelist configuration, modification operations such as upgrade, downgrade, and restart are temporarily unavailable.
- During the maintenance window, the instance is disconnected once or twice. Make sure that you configure automatic reconnection policies for your applications to avoid service disruptions.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the target region.
- Find the target RDS instance. Then, click the instance ID or in the Actions column click Management.
- On the Basic Information page, find the Configuration Information section, and click Configure to the right of Maintenance Window.
- Select a maintenance window and click Save.
Note The maintenance window is in China Standard Time (UTC +8).
|ModifyDBInstanceMaintainTime||Modifies the maintenance window of the instance.|