This topic describes how to view the free quota of backup space and calculate fees for extra space. Different instances provide different free quotas of backup space.
Backup files of an instance occupy backup space. Each ApsaraDB for RDS instance provides a free quota of backup space. If the backup files occupy more space than the free quota, you are charged for the extra space.
Free quota of backup space = 50% × Purchased storage space of the instance (unit: GB, rounded up).
Extra backup space that exceeds the free quota = Data backup volume + Log backup volume - 50% × Purchased storage space of the instance (unit: GB, rounded up).
For example, if the data backup volume is 30 GB, the log backup volume is 10 GB, and
the storage space is 60 GB, the extra backup space is calculated as follows:
30 + 10 - 50% × 60 = 10 (GB). You are charged for the additional 10 GB space per hour.
- For the hourly fees of the extra backup space that exceeds the free quota, see Pricing of ApsaraDB for RDS.
- Basic Edition instances that run certain database engines save backup files in the last seven days for free. You can query details in the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
View the free quota of backup space in the ApsaraDB for RDS console
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the RDS instance and click its ID. The Basic Information page appears.
- In the Usage Statistics section at the lower part of the page, check the free quota following Backup Size.
Note Different instances provide different free quotas of backup space. The following figure is an example.