This topic describes how to calculate and view the quota of free backup space for an RDS PostgreSQL instance. The quota varies depending on the used DB engine version and edition. Additionally, this topic describes how to calculate the backup space beyond the quota.
Backup files occupy backup space. Each RDS instance has a specific quota of free backup space. If the total size of backup files exceeds the quota, additional fees are incurred.
Calculate the quota of free backup space and the backup space beyond the quota
Free quota of backup space = 50% × Purchased storage space of the instance (Unit: GB, rounded up).
Backup space exceeding the free quota = data backup volume + log backup volume - 50% × storage space purchased of the instance (Unit: GB, rounded up).
For example, if the data backup volume is 30 GB, the log backup volume is 10 GB, and
the storage space is 60 GB, the
volume charged per hour = 30 + 10 - 50% × 60 = 10 (GB). An additional 10 GB space is charged per hour.
- For the hourly cost of backup space that exceeds the free quota, see Pricing of ApsaraDB for RDS.
- Basic Edition instances of some engines save the backup files of the last seven days for free. For more information, refer to the console.
View the free quota of the backup space in the ApsaraDB for RDS console
- PostgreSQL 10 High-availability Edition (local disk)
- PostgreSQL 9.4
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the instance is located.
- Click the ID of the instance to go to the Basic Information page.
- In the Usage Statistics section at the lower part of the page, check the free quota following Space Used for Backup, as shown in the following figure.
Note Instances of different types support different amounts of free quotas. The following figure is only an example. Refer to the console for the exact information.