This topic describes how to change the billing method of an RDS PPAS instance from pay-as-you-go to (monthly or annual) subscription.
Changing billing methods does not impact the performance of your ApsaraDB RDS PostgreSQL instances.
- You can only set read-only instances to pay-as-you-go.
- You cannot upgrade the specifications of a subscription-based instance if the purchase order of the instance has not been paid. Otherwise, the unpaid order will be invalid. You must cancel this order on the Orders page and change the billing method again.
- The instance type cannot be an end-of-sales (EOS) instance types that are no longer available for sale. For more information about the EOS instance types, see End-of-sales instance types. You must change the instance type from EOS instance type to an available instance type before you change the billing method for the instance to subscription. For more information, see Change the configuration of an RDS PostgreSQL instance.
- The billing method of the instance is pay-as-you-go.
- The instance is in the Running state.
- You do not have an unpaid order of subscription-based instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the target region.
- Find the target RDS instance, and use one of the following two methods to enter the
Switch to Subscription Billing page.
- Click Subscription Billing in the Actions column.
- Click the instance ID to open the Details page. In the Status section, click Subscription Billing, as shown in the following figure.
- Select the duration of the subscription.
- Click Pay Now.
Note The system will generate an order for you to switch to the subscription billing method. If this order is not paid or canceled, you cannot purchase new instances or switch the billing method of the instance to subscription. You can pay for or cancel this order on the Orders page.
- Pay the order as prompted.
|TransformDBInstancePayType||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|