This topic describes how to log on to an ApsaraDB for RDS instance by using Alibaba Cloud Data Management (DMS).
To improve data management experience, Alibaba Cloud provides a new version of DMS that includes more functions. In addition, the price of the DMS Enterprise edition is lowered. For more information, see DMS pricing model changes.
Use the new version of DMS to log on to an RDS instance
- You have an Alibaba Cloud account or have applied for the credentials of a RAM user who has permissions on the target database on your RDS instance. For more information about how to apply for permissions, see Manage permissions.
- Your RDS instance is registered with DMS by the administrator. For more information, see Register an ApsaraDB instance.
- Log on to the DMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose your RDS instance and click Please login first.
Note If your RDS instance uses the Security Collaboration control mode, you do not need to enter the username and password of the account used for the logon. You can choose Logon-free instance and double-click the target database to log on to that database.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the username and password of the account used
for the logon and click OK.
Note The account used for the logon must have permissions on the target database. Otherwise, the target database is not displayed in the left-side navigation pane. For more information about how to modify the permissions of an account, see Modify the permissions of a standard account on an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Logged in instance and double-click the target database to switch to that database.
Use the original version of DMS to log on to an RDS instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and click its ID to open the Basic Information page.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log On to DB to open the RDS Database Logon page.
Note Alibaba Cloud directs you to the original or new version of DMS based on your previous logon behavior.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Endpoint:Port number The endpoint and port number that are used to connect to your RDS instance. The endpoint and port number are in the
<Endpoint>:<Port number>format. Example: bpxxxxxxx.rds.aliyuncs.com:3433. For more information about how to view the endpoint and port number of an RDS instance, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Database Username The username of the account that is used to connect to your RDS instance. Password The password of the account that is used to connect to your RDS instance.
- Click Log On.
Note If you want the browser to remember the password, select Remember Password before you click Log On.
- If the system prompts you to add the Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) block that contains the IP address of the DMS server to a whitelist of your RDS instance, click Specify for All Instances or Specify for Current Instance.
- Click Log On.