This topic describes how to log on to an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance by using Data Management (DMS).
A new version of DMS that supports more features is provided to improve user experience. In addition, the new version of DMS is priced lower than the original DMS Enterprise edition. For more information, see DMS pricing model changes.
Log on to your RDS instance by using the new DMS console
You have an Alibaba Cloud account. Otherwise, you have the credentials of a RAM user who has the permissions on your RDS instance. For more information about how to apply for the permissions, see Permission management.
- Log on to the new DMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select your RDS instance and click Please login first.Note If your RDS instance uses the Security Collaboration control mode, you need only to click Logon-free instance and double-click the instance. You do not need to enter the username and password of the account that is used for the logon.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the username and password of the account that is used for the logon and click OK.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Logged in instance and double-click your RDS instance to switch to the instance.
Log on to your RDS instance by using the original DMS console
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log On to DB to open the RDS Database Logon page. Note Alibaba Cloud directs you to the original or new DMS console based on your logon history.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Endpoint:Port number The endpoint and port number that are used to log on to your RDS instance. The endpoint and port number are in the
<Endpoint>:<Port number>format. Example: rm-bpxxxxxxx.rds.aliyuncs.com:3433. For more information about how to view the endpoint and port number that are used to log on to your RDS instance, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Database Username The username of the account that is used to log on to your RDS instance. Password The password of the preceding account.
- Click Log On.
Note If you want the browser to save the password, select Remember Password before you click Log On.
- If you are prompted to add the Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) block that contains the IP address of the DMS server to an IP address whitelist of your RDS instance, click Specify for All Instances or Specify for Current Instance.
- After the CIDR block is added, click Log On.