This topic describes how to log on to an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance by using Alibaba Cloud Data Management (DMS).
To improve user experience of data management, Alibaba Cloud provides a new version of DMS that includes more functions. In addition, the price of the DMS Enterprise edition is lowered. For more information, see DMS pricing model changes.
Use the new version of DMS to log on to an RDS instance
- You have an Alibaba Cloud account or the credentials of a RAM user that has permissions on the specified database on the RDS instance. For more information about how to apply for permissions, see Manage permissions.
- The RDS instance is registered with DMS by the administrator. For more information, see Register an ApsaraDB RDS instance.
- Log on to the DMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select your RDS instance and click Please login first.Note If your RDS instance uses the Security Collaboration control mode, you do not need to enter the username and password of the account that is used for the logon. You can click Logon-free instance and double-click the RDS instance to log on to the RDS instance.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the username and password of the account that is used for the logon and click OK.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Logged in instance and double-click the RDS instance to switch to the RDS instance.
Use the original version of DMS to log on to an RDS instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the RDS instance resides.
- Find the RDS instance and click its ID. The Basic Information page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log On to DB to open the RDS Database Logon page. Note Alibaba Cloud directs you to the original or new version of DMS based on your previous logon behavior.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Endpoint:Port number The endpoint and port number that are used to log on to the RDS instance. The endpoint and port number are in the
<Endpoint>:<Port number>format. Example: rm-bpxxxxxxx.rds.aliyuncs.com:3433. For more information about how to view the endpoint and port number of an RDS instance, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Database Username The username of the account that is used to log on to the RDS instance. Password The password of the account that is used to log on to the RDS instance.
- Click Log On.
Note If you want the browser to remember the password, select Remember Password before you click Log On.
- If the system prompts you to add the classless inter-domain routing (CIDR) block that contains the IP address of the DMS server to an IP address whitelist of the RDS instance, click Specify for All Instances or Specify for Current Instance.
- Click Log On.