This topic describes how to configure alert rules for an ApsaraDB RDS MySQL instance. ApsaraDB for RDS offers the Monitoring and Alerts function. With this function, the system can send notification emails to specified recipients if exceptions are detected in your RDS instance or if your RDS instance is locked due to low disk capacity.
Your RDS instance resides in mainland China.
The Monitoring and Alerts function of ApsaraDB for RDS is implemented through CloudMonitor. With CloudMonitor, you can configure monitored metrics and alert rules, and can associate contact groups with monitored metrics. When a monitored metric triggers an alert based on a specified alert rule, the system sends notification emails to all contacts in the contact groups associated with the monitored metric.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Monitoring and Alerts.
- On the Alarm Contact Management page, click the Alerts tab.
- Click Set Alert Rule to go to the CloudMonitor console.
Note On the Monitoring and Alerts page, you can click Refresh to update the status of monitored metrics.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Note If you are configuring alert rules for the first time and the intended recipients are not listed in your Alibaba Cloud account, you must list them as contacts and create a contact group before configuring alert rules. If you have created contacts and contact groups, go to Step 10.
- On the Alarm Contacts tab, click Create Alarm Contact.
- In the Create Alarm Contact dialog box, enter the contact information, click Send verification code next to the Email ID field, and enter the verification code you receive in the Verification code field. Then, click Save.
- We recommend that you proceed to create contact groups after all intended recipients are added.
- In the Actions column of the Alarm Contacts tab, you can click Edit to edit a contact, or click Delete to delete a contact.
- On the Alarm Contact Management page, click the Alarm Contact Group tab.
- Click Create Alarm Contact Group.
- In the Create Alarm Contact Group dialog box, enter the Group Name and Description, select contacts from the Existing Contacts list and click to add them to the Selected Contacts list, then click OK.
Note On the Alarm Contact Group tab, you can click to edit a contact group, click X to delete a contact group, and click Delete in the Actions column to delete contacts from a contact group.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select the target region.
- Find the target RDS instance, and click Alarm Rules in the Actions column.
The system displays all existing monitored metrics. The default monitored metrics include IOPS Usage, Connection Usage, CPU Usage, and Disk Usage.
- Click Create Alarm Rule. Then, create alarm rules as needed. For more information, see ApsaraDB for RDS.
- Make sure that the monitoring frequency of your RDS instance is 1 minute. Alibaba Cloud charges for traffic generated from using the Monitoring and Alerts function. A higher monitoring frequency indicates more fees. For more information, see ApsaraDB RDS MySQL.
- In the Actions column, you can click Modify to modify a monitored metric, click Disable to disable a monitored metric, and click Delete to delete a monitored metric.