This topic describes how to delete a database from an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. You can delete a database by using the ApsaraDB for RDS console or an SQL statement.
Delete a database by using the ApsaraDB for RDS console
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target instance and click the instance ID.
- Find the database and in the Actions column click Delete.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Delete a database by using an SQL statement
- Connect to the RDS instance to which the database belongs. For more information, see Connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Execute the following statement to delete the database:
drop database <database name>;
|DeleteDatabase||Deletes a database from an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|