This topic describes how to create a database on an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Instance: a virtualized database server, on which you can create and manage a number of databases.
- Database: a set of data that is stored in an organized manner and can be shared by a number of users. A database provides the minimal redundancy and is independent of applications. In simple words, a database is a data warehouse that is used to store data.
- Character set: a collection of letters, special characters, and encoding rules that are used in a database.
Maximum number of databases and maximum number of tables
|Account type||Maximum number of databases||Maximum number of tables|
|Privileged account||Unlimited||< 200,000|
|Standard account||500||< 200,000|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases.
- Click Create Database.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Name
- The name of the database must be 2 to 64 characters in length.
- The name of the database must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
- The name of the database can contain lowercase letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_).
- The name of the database must be unique within the RDS instance.
Supported Character Set Specify the character set that is supported by the database. You can select utf8, gbk, latin1, or utf8mb4. Authorized Account Specify the authorized accounts of the database. You can leave this parameter empty. This is because you can specify the authorized accounts after the database is created.Note The Authorized Account drop-down list displays only the standard accounts that are created on the RDS instance. The privileged account has all permissions on all databases and does not require authorization. Account Type Specify the permissions that you want to grant on the database. You can select the Read/Write, Read-only, DDL Only, or DML Only permissions. Description Optional. Enter a description that helps identify the database. The description can contain up to 256 characters.
- Click Create.
What to do next
|CreateDatabase||Creates a database on an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|