This topic describes how to delete a standard account from an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance by using the ApsaraDB RDS console or an SQL statement.
Use the console to delete a standard account
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- Find the standard account that you want to delete and in the Actions column click Delete.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Execute an SQL statement to delete an standard account
This function is supported only for specific RDS instance configurations.
- Use Data Management (DMS) to log on to the RDS instance. For more information, see Use DMS to log on to an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.
- In the top navigation bar, choose .
- Execute the following statement:
DROP USER 'username'@'localhost';
- Click Execute.
|DeleteAccount||Deletes an account from an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|