This topic describes how to delete an account in the RDS console or run an SQL statement to delete a standard account.
Use the console to delete an account
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Accounts tab, find the account you want to delete, and in the Actions column click Delete.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Confirm.
Run an SQL statement to delete a standard account
You can only run an SQL statement to delete a standard account for an RDS instance.
- Log on to the target RDS instance. For more information, see How to connect to ApsaraDB?
- Run the following command to delete a standard account:
DROP USER 'username'@'localhost';
|DeleteAccount||Used to delete an account for an RDS instance.|