This topic describes how to authorize a service account for an RDS for MySQL instance.
If you are seeking for technical support from Alibaba Cloud and if it is necessary to operate your DB instance during technical support, you must authorize a service account that is used by the technical support staff to provide technical support services.
- MySQL 8.0 High-availability Edition (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.7 Enterprise Edition
- MySQL 5.7 High-availability Edition (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.6 High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.5 High-availability Edition
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select the region where the target RDS instance
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Service Account Permissions tab, select the permission to be authorized to the service account and in the Privilege Status column click the switch.
- For troubleshooting of the IP address whitelists, database parameters, and other problems, you only need to authorize the Configuration Permission.
- For the database performance problems caused by your application, you must authorize the Data Permission.
- In the Set Expiration Time dialog box, set the permission expiration time and click OK.
What to do next
After you authorize permissions to a service account, you can cancel the authorization or change the authorization validity period on the Service Account Permissions tab.