When you seek help from Alibaba Cloud technical support to locate problems that occurred on your ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance, you may need to grant permissions to a service account. The service account is used by Alibaba Cloud technical support to perform operations on the databases of your RDS instance. After the specified expiration time elapses, ApsaraDB RDS deletes the service account.
- MySQL 8.0 on RDS High-availability Edition (with local SSDs) or Enterprise Edition
- MySQL 5.7 on RDS High-availability Edition (with local SSDs) or Enterprise Edition
- MySQL 5.6 on RDS High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.5 on RDS High-availability Edition
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts
- On the Service Account Permissions tab, find the permission that you want to grant to the service account, and turn on the switch in the Permission Status column.
- For problems that are related to IP address whitelists or database parameters, you can grant only the Configuration Permission to the service account.
- For database performance problems that are caused by applications, you must grant the Data Permission to the service account.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify the expiration time of the service account and click OK.
What to do next
After you grant permissions to the service account, you can revoke the permissions or change the expiration time on the Service Account Permissions tab at any time.