When you seek help from Alibaba Cloud technical support to locate problems that occurred on your ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance, you may need to grant permissions to the service account of your instance. The service account is used by Alibaba Cloud technical support to perform operations on the databases of your instance. After the specified expiration time elapses, the service account is automatically deleted.
- MySQL 8.0 on RDS High-availability Edition (with local SSDs) or Enterprise Edition
- MySQL 5.7 on RDS High-availability Edition (with local SSDs) or Enterprise Edition
- MySQL 5.6 on RDS High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.5 on RDS High-availability Edition
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Service Account Permissions tab, find the permission that you want to grant to the service account, and turn
on the switch in the Permission Status column.
- For problems related to IP address whitelists or database parameters, you can grant only the Configuration Permission to the service account.
- For database performance problems caused by application defects, you must grant the Data Permission to the service account.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify the expiration time of the service account
and click OK.
What to do next
After you grant permissions to the service account, you can revoke the permissions or change the expiration time on the Service Account Permissions tab at any time.