This topic describes how to reset the password of an account for an RDS MySQL instance in case that the password is lost.
Note For data security purposes, we recommend you change the password on a regular basis.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Accounts tab, select the account whose password you want to reset, and in the Actions column click Reset Password.
- In the Reset Account Password dialog box, enter a new password and confirm it, then click OK.
Note The password must meet the following requirements:
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- The password must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- Special characters include ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + - =
|ResetAccountPassword||Used to reset the password of a database account.|