This topic describes how to set a replication delay for an RDS MySQL read-only instance. The read-only instance replicates data from the corresponding master instance at the specified delay.
After you set a replication delay for a read-only instance, the read/write splitting function does not take effect on the read-only instance. To make the read/write splitting function take effect on the read-only instance, you must change the replication delay of the read-only instance to 0 seconds.
- Log on to the RDS consoleRDS console.
- Select the target region.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Availability.
- Click Set Delayed Replication.
- In the displayed dialog box, set Delay and click OK.
Note The delay is measured in the unit of second. The default delay is 0 seconds, indicating that the master instance sends operation log data to the read-only instance immediately after completing an operation and the read-only instance performs the operation immediately after receiving the operation log data.