This topic describes how to migrate an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance across zones in the same region. After migration, all attributes, configurations, and endpoints of the instance remain unchanged. It takes several hours for a migration task to complete. The actual duration required for migration depends on the amount of data in an instance.
For more information about how to migrate ApsaraDB for RDS instances of other engines across zones, see the following topics:
- Migrate an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance across zones
- Migrate an ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instance across zones
- Migrate an ApsaraDB RDS for PPAS instance across zones
- Services are disconnected for 30 seconds during switchover. Make sure that your applications are configured with automatic reconnection policies.
- After you switch to a new VPC and VSwitch, the virtual IP addresses (VIPs) of the RDS instance change. Therefore, we recommend that you use an endpoint of the RDS instance to establish a connection with your application.
- The VIP changes temporarily interrupt the connection with Alibaba Cloud Distributed Relational Database Service (DRDS). You must update the endpoint information of your RDS instance in the DRDS console immediately after you change its VPC and VSwitch.
- The VIP changes temporarily interrupt the connections with Alibaba Cloud Data Management Service (DMS) and Data Transmission Service (DTS). The connections are automatically restored to normal.
|Migrate instances from one zone to another||The zone where the RDS instance is located is overloaded or cannot meet the performance requirements of the instance.|
|Migrate instances from one zone to multiple zones||Disaster recovery across data centers is required to improve the disaster recovery
capability of the instances. The primary and secondary instances are located in different
Compared with single-zone instances, multi-zone instances can withstand disasters at higher levels. For example, single-zone instances can tolerate server and rack faults, whereas multi-zone instances can tolerate data center faults.
|Migrate instances from multiple zones to one zone||Specific features are required.|
This feature is free of charge even if you migrate instances from one zone to multiple zones.
- Your database system runs one of the following MySQL versions:
- MySQL 8.0 (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.7 (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.6
- MySQL 5.5
- The region where the instances are located contains multiple zones. For more information about regions and zones, see Regions and zones.
- The network connection mode is upgraded. For more information, see [Important] RDS network link upgrade.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- On the Basic Information page, click Migrate Across Zones.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify the destination zone, VSwitch, and switching
time, and then click OK.
After you click OK, the system copies data to the destination zone while the instance runs normally. After data is copied, services are switched to the new connection at the time that you specified (Switch Now or Switch Within Maintenance Window.Note
- Services are disconnected for 30 seconds during switchover. Make sure that your applications are configured with automatic reconnection policies. Otherwise, you must manually reconnect your applications to RDS.
- Some services may be switched after 10 minutes because the DNS cache is not immediately flushed, which causes a disconnection again.
- If you need to change the maintenance window, perform the following operations:
- Click Change.
- In the Configuration Information section, select a maintenance window and click Save.
- Return to the Basic Information page, refresh it, and perform the migration again.
|MigrateToOtherZone||Migrates an RDS instance from one zone to another.|