This topic describes how to set the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. The backend system performs maintenance on the RDS instance during the maintenance window. This ensures the stability of the RDS instance. The default maintenance window spans from 02:00:00 to 06:00:00 UTC+8. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to an off-peak hour. This allows you to avoid interruptions to your workloads.
For more information about how to set the maintenance window in other database engines, see the following topics:
- Before the maintenance starts, ApsaraDB RDS sends emails to the contacts that are associated with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- To ensure stable maintenance, the RDS instance enters the Maintaining Instance state during the maintenance window. While the RDS instance stays in the Maintaining Instance state, database access and query operations such as performance monitoring are still available. However, apart from account and database management and IP address whitelist configuration, all the other modify operations such as upgrade, downgrade, and restart are temporarily unavailable.
- During the maintenance window, one or two transient connection errors may occur. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to the RDS instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the Configuration Information section, click Configure next to Maintenance Window.
- Select a maintenance window and click Save. Note The time zone of the maintenance window is the same as that of the computer that you use to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console.
|Modify the maintenance time||Changes the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|