If you are experiencing problems while you use cloud resources in the ECS console, you can submit information to the automatic diagnosis system for troubleshooting.
- Simplified submission with near instantaneous feedback.
- Intelligent processing that returns diagnostic results within seconds.
- Extended support. The problems that cannot be handled by intelligent processing are immediately forwarded to Alibaba Cloud technical support personnel. This improves the overall efficiency of problem handling.
- You can only access the automatic diagnosis system in the ECS console.
- Each account can have up to 20 diagnostic records in the Pending state per region. You can submit new diagnostic requests in a region only when there are less than 20 diagnostic records in the Pending state in the region.
- You can view the diagnostic records of the last 30 days on the Diagnosis page in the ECS console.
This topic uses an upgrade operation on a subscription instance as an example to describe how to use the automatic diagnosis system. The upgrade operation fails because you have unpaid orders. An Error message is returned. You can use the automatic diagnosis system to troubleshoot the error. For more information about how to properly upgrade subscription instances, see Upgrade configurations of subscription instances.
Step 1: Submit an automatic diagnostic request
To submit an automatic diagnostic request, perform the following operations:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target subscription instance and click Upgrade/Downgrade in the Actions column.
- In the Upgrade/Downgrade Wizard dialog box, select Upgrade and click Continue.
- On the Upgrade page, select a new instance type, set the Restart At parameter, and select ECS Service Terms. Then, click Create Order.
- Do not pay for the order. Upgrade the subscription instance again.
- In the Note message that appears, click Continue Order.
- In the Error message that appears, click Auto Diagnose.
Step 2: View the solution
To view the recommended solution to the problem, perform the following operations:
- After your automatic diagnostic request is submitted, click Diagnostic Details.
- On the Diagnosis page, find your diagnostic record and view its details. Completed is displayed in the Status column corresponding to the record.
- Click Resolution in the Actions column to view the error cause and recommended solution.
Step 3: Submit feedback on the solution
To submit feedback on the recommended solution, perform the following operations:
- Optional:In the Resolution dialog box, enter your comments and suggestions about the solution in the text box.
- If you think the solution is helpful, click Helpful. If you do not think the solution is helpful, click Useless.