This topic describes how to log on to an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance by using Alibaba Cloud Data Management (DMS).
Use the new version of DMS to log on to an RDS instance
- Log on to the DMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select your RDS instance and click Please login first.Note If your RDS instance uses the Security Collaboration control mode, you do not need to enter the username and password of the account used for the logon. You can click Logon-free instance and double-click the required database to log on to that database.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the username and password of the account used
for the logon and click OK.Note The account used for the logon must have permissions on the required database. Otherwise, the required database is not displayed in the left-side navigation pane. For more information about how to modify the permissions of an account, see Modify the permissions of a standard account on an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Logged in instance and double-click the required database to switch to that database.
Use the original version of DMS to log on to an RDS instance
Note If your DMS has been upgraded to the new version, we recommend that you use the new version of DMS to log on to the RDS instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the RDS instance resides.
- Find the RDS instance and click its ID. The Basic Information page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log On to DB to open the RDS Database Logon page. Note Alibaba Cloud directs you to the original or new version of DMS based on your previous logon behavior.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Endpoint:Port number The endpoint and port number that are used to log on to the RDS instance. The endpoint and port number are in the
<Endpoint>:<Port number>format. Example: rm-bpxxxxxxx.rds.aliyuncs.com:3433. For more information about how to view the endpoint and port number of an RDS instance, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Database Username The username of the account that is used to log on to the RDS instance. Password The password of the account that is used to log on to the RDS instance.
- Click Log On.
Note If you want the browser to remember the password, select Remember Password before you click Log On.
- If the system prompts you to add the classless inter-domain routing (CIDR) block that contains the IP address of the DMS server to an IP address whitelist of the RDS instance, click Specify for All Instances or Specify for Current Instance.
- Click Log On.