If you want to create a database that is the same as an existing database, you can replicate the existing database. This topic describes how to replicate a database of an ApsaraDB RDS instance that runs SQL Server 2008 R2 in the ApsaraDB RDS console.
The RDS instance runs SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Only one database can be replicated at a time.
- The names of the new database and the existing database must be different.
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases.
- Click Copy Database.
- In the dialog box that appears, configure parameters for the new database.
Parameter Description Enter a Database Name Enter a name for the new database. The name can be up to 64 characters in length and can contain lowercase letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). It must start with a letter and end with a letter or a digit. Select the Database to Copy Select the database that you want to replicate. Do You Want to Keep the Account Information from the Source Database Specify whether to retain the account and account permissions of the existing database in the new database. By default, the account and account permissions are retained. Description Enter an informative description of the database. The description can be up to 256 characters in length.
- Click OK.