This topic describes how to delete a database for an RDS SQL Server instance by using the RDS console or an SQL command.
Delete a database by using the RDS console
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases.
- Find the database you want to delete, and in the Actions column click Delete.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Confirm.
Delete a database by using an SQL command
- Connect your database client to the target RDS instance. For more information, see Connect to an RDS SQL Server instance.
- Run the following command to delete a database:
drop database <database name>;
|DeleteDatabase||Used to delete a database for an RDS instance.|