When you seek help from Alibaba Cloud technical support to locate problems that occurred in your ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance, you may need to grant permissions to the service account of your instance. The service account is used by Alibaba Cloud technical support to perform operations on the databases in your instance. After the specified expiration time, the service account is automatically deleted.
The instance runs SQL Server 2008 R2 with local SSDs.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Service Account Permissions tab, select the permission to be authorized to the service account and in the Privilege Status column click the switch.
- For troubleshooting of the IP address whitelists, database parameters, and other problems, you only need to authorize the Configuration Permission.
- For the database performance problems caused by your application, you must authorize the Data Permission.
- In the Set Expiration Time dialog box, set the permission expiration time and click OK.
What to do next
After you authorize permissions to a service account, you can cancel the authorization or change the authorization validity period on the Service Account Permissions tab.