This topic describes how to reset the password of an account for an RDS SQL Server instance in case that the password is lost.
Note For data security purposes, we recommend you change the password on a regular basis.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Accounts tab, select the account whose password you want to reset, and in the Actions column click Reset Password.
- In the Reset Account Password dialog box, enter a new password and confirm it, then click OK. The password consists of 6 to 32 characters including letters, digits, hyphen (-), or underscores (_). A previously used password is not recommended.
|ResetAccountPassword||Used to reset the password of a database account.|