This topic describes how to release an RDS for SQL Server instance, which can use the pay-as-you-go or subscription billing method.
Release a pay-as-you-go-based RDS instance
If the RDS instance you want to release is the last read-only instance of a master instance, you must disable the cluster management function of the master instance before releasing the last read-only instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Use one of the following two methods to open the Release Instance dialog box:
- Method 1:
Find the target RDS instance and in the Actions column choose .
- Method 2:
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- On the Basic Information page, find the Status section and click Release Instance.
- Method 1:
- In the Release Instance dialog box, click Confirm.
Release a subscription-based RDS instance
You can open a ticket to apply for releasing a subscription-based RDS instance.
|DeleteDBInstance||Used to release a pay-as-you-go-based RDS instance. (A subscription-based RDS instance cannot be released by calling an API action.)|