This topic describes how to set the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance. The backend system performs maintenance on the RDS instance during the maintenance window. This ensures the stability of the RDS instance. The default maintenance window spans from 02:00:00 to 06:00:00 UTC+8. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to an off-peak hour. This allows you to avoid interruptions to your workloads.
- Before the maintenance starts, ApsaraDB for RDS sends emails to the contacts that are associated with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- To ensure stable maintenance, the RDS instance enters the Maintaining Instance state during the maintenance window. While the RDS instance stays in the Maintaining Instance state, database access and query operations such as performance monitoring are still available. However, apart from account and database management and IP address whitelist configuration, all the other modify operations such as upgrade, downgrade, and restart are temporarily unavailable.
- During the maintenance window, one or two brief disconnections may occur. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to the RDS instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target instance and click the instance ID.
- In the Configuration Information section, click Configure next to Maintenance Window.
- Select a maintenance window and click Save. Note The maintenance window is displayed in UTC+8.
|Modify maintain time||Changes the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|