This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
- The instance type of your RDS instance is not phased out. For more information, see Primary instance types. If your RDS instance uses a phased-out instance type, you must change the instance type before you switch your RDS instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription. For more information, see A new version is available..
- Your RDS instance uses the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Your RDS instance is in the Running state.
- Your RDS instance does not have an unpaid subscription order.
Changing billing methods will not impact the performance of your cluster.
If your RDS instance has an unpaid subscription order, the order becomes invalid when you change the instance type. In this case, you must cancel the order in the Billing Management console. Then, you can change the billing method of your RDS instance again.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find the target instance and go to the Switch to Subscription Billing page by using one of the following methods:
- In the Actions column corresponding to the instance, click Switch to Subscription Billing.
- Click the instance ID to go to the Basic Information page. In the Status section, click Switch to Subscription Billing, as shown in the following figure.
- Specify Duration and check service agreement.
- Click Pay Now. Note You must complete the subscription order generated for the instance. You cannot purchase a new instance or change the billing method of another instance until you pay for or cancel this order. You can pay for or cancel this order on the Billing Management page.
- Pay the order as prompted.
|Change billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|