This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
- The instance type of your RDS instance is not phased out. For more information, see Primary instance types. If your RDS instance uses a phased-out instance type, you must change the instance type before you switch your RDS instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription. For more information, see Change the specifications of an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- Your RDS instance uses the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Your RDS instance is in the Running state.
- Your RDS instance does not have an unpaid subscription order.
This operation does not have impacts on the running of your RDS instance.
If your RDS instance has an unpaid subscription order, the order becomes invalid when you change the instance type. In this case, you must cancel the order in the Billing Management console. Then, you can change the billing method of your RDS instance again.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and use one of the following methods to open the Switch to Subscription Billing page:
- Click Switch to Subscription Billing. If you are using the new ApsaraDB RDS console, click Switch to Subscription Billing in the Billing Method column. If you are using the original ApsaraDB RDS console, click Switch to Subscription Billing in the Actions column.
- Click the ID of your RDS instance. In the Status section of the Basic Information page, click Subscription Billing.
- Specify the Duration parameter. Then, read and select Terms of Service.
- Click Pay Now.
Note ApsaraDB RDS generates a subscription order. You must pay for the order. If the order is not paid or canceled, you cannot purchase an RDS instance or switch your RDS instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription. You can pay for or cancel the order in the Billing Management console.
- Complete the payment.
|Change billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|