This topic describes how to change the billing method of an RDS instance from pay-as-you-go to (monthly or annual) subscription.
- The instance type cannot be a historical one, which means that the instance type must be available for sale. For more information about historical instance types, see Primary instance types. Before you change the billing method of a historical-type RDS instance to subscription, you must change the instance type to one that is available for sale. For detailed steps, see Change the specifications of an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- The RDS instance uses the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- The RDS instance is in the Running state.
- The RDS instance does not have an unpaid subscription order.
Changing billing methods will not impact the performance of your cluster.
- You can only set read-only instances to pay-as-you-go.
- You cannot upgrade the specifications of a subscription-based instance if the purchase order of the instance has not been paid. Otherwise, the unpaid order will be invalid. You need to cancel this order on the Billing Management page and change the billing method of the instance to subscription.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target instance and go to the Switch to Subscription Billing page by using one of the following methods:
- In the Actions column corresponding to the instance, click Switch to Subscription Billing.
- Click the instance ID to go to the Basic Information page. In the Status section, click Switch to Subscription Billing, as shown in the following figure.
- Specify Duration and check service agreement.
- Click Pay Now. Note You must complete the subscription order generated for the instance. You cannot purchase a new instance or change the billing method of another instance until you pay for or cancel this order. You can pay for or cancel this order on the Billing Management page.
- Pay the order as prompted.
|Modify billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|