If an ECS node in an E-MapReduce cluster is abnormal, and if you do not need this node and want to remove it, you can do so.
To remove an abnormal node, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce console.
- At the top of the page, click Cluster Management.
- Click the ID link of the cluster that includes the node that you want to remove.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Hosts.
- Find the instance that you want to remove, and in the action column, click Remove. ECS instances can only be removed when they are in a stopped or released status.
- Click OK to remove the instance.