When an exception occurs on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances in an E-MapReduce (EMR) cluster and you do not need to continuously use these instances, you can remove them. For example, you can remove the ECS instances that are in the Stopped state. This topic describes how to remove an abnormal ECS instance.
An EMR cluster is created. For more information, see Create a cluster.
- Go to the Cluster Overview page.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- On the Cluster Management page, find your cluster and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Cluster Overview page, click Instances.
- On the Instances page, find the ID of the ECS instance that you want to remove and
click Delete in the Action column. Note You can remove only abnormal ECS instances.
- Click OK. The ECS instance is removed.