After you set up an Anti-DDoS Pro instance to protect your services, black holes may be triggered due to insufficient basic or burstable protection bandwidth. In this case, you can manually deactivate black holes in the Anti-DDoS Pro console to recover services. The Deactivate Blackhole Status policy allows you to quickly recover your services. We recommend that you make sure that the basic or burstable protection capabilities meet your requirements before you deactivate black holes. This prevents Anti-DDoS Pro instances from being thrown into black holes again.
Each Alibaba Cloud account can deactivate black holes up to five times a day. The limit is reset at 00:00 the next day. You consume a chance to deactivate a black hole only when the black hole is successfully deactivated. You can immediately deactivate the first black hole of a day. However, you cannot deactivate more than one black hole every 10 minutes.
- Log on to the Anti-DDoS Pro console.
- In the top navigation bar, select Mainland China.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Protection for Infrastructure tab, select the target instance from the list on the left side.
Note You can also search for instances by instance ID or description.
- In the Deactivate Blackhole Status section, deactivate black holes based on the instance status.
- If the instance is in the Blackhole state, and you do not want to wait for the black hole to be automatically deactivated, click Deactivate Blackhole and wait for the black hole to be deactivated.
- If the instance is in the Normal state, the Deactivate Blackhole button is dimmed.
- Black holes are a risk management strategy used by the backend servers of Alibaba Cloud. If your attempts to deactivate black holes fail, your deactivation quota for the day is not affected, and an error message appears. In this case, wait and try again later.
- If the message "Cannot deactivate the black hole status due to risk management. Wait 10 minutes and try again." appears, wait 10 minutes and try again.
- If no error message appears, black holes are deactivated. You can refresh the page to check whether network access is restored.