If the IP address of your origin server is exposed, we recommend that you change the public IP address of your ECS instance to prevent attackers from bypassing Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium to attack the origin server. You can change the public IP address of an ECS instance in the Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium console up to 10 times.
You can only change the public IP addresses of ECS instances that are connected to classic networks.
- Log on to the Anti-DDoS Pro console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region of your Anti-DDoS instance.
- Mainland China: Anti-DDoS Pro
- Outside Mainland China: Anti-DDoS Premium
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the upper-right corner of the Website Config page, click Change ECS IP.
Notice If you change the public IP address of an ECS instance, your service is interrupted for a few minutes. We recommend that you back up your data before you perform this operation.
- You must stop the ECS instance before you change its IP address. If you have already
stopped the ECS instance, go to step 6. In the Change ECS IP dialog box, click Go to ECS. In the ECS console, perform the following steps to stop the target instance:
- Find the ECS instance whose public IP address you want to change in the instance list and click the instance ID.
- On the instance details page, click Stop.
- Select a method and click OK.
Notice Identity authentication is required to stop an ECS instance. Enter the verification code that is sent to your mobile phone.
- Wait until the state of the instance becomes Stopped.
- Return to the Change ECS IP dialog box, specify ECS Instance ID, and click Next.
- Make sure that the ECS instance information is valid, and then click release.
- After the IP address is released, click Next. Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium automatically assigns a new IP address to the ECS instance.
- Click OK.
Note After you change the IP address of an ECS origin server, set up Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium and do not expose the new IP address.